Did you make sure to create a WEB-INF directory under the servlets
directory, per step 5? :)

-Chris Assenza

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Schaub [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2001 5:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Struts and WebSphere

> I'd appreciate it if someone else running WAS would
> give this a spin to  double-check me.

I'm running WAS 3.5.3 Advanced 60-day trial. I followed your
instructions and was able to get index.jsp from the
struts-example app to display. However, when I click on the
Register link, I get the following error:

Error 500
An error has occured while processing request:
http://localhost/struts-example/editRegistration.do
Message: Failed to load target servlet [action]

Target Servlet: action
StackTrace:
--------------------
Root Error-1: Missing configuration resource for path
/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml

javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Missing configuration
resource for path /WEB-INF/struts-config.xml
 at
javax.servlet.ServletException.<init>(ServletException.java:
107)

I also notice that when the application is starting up, the
following messages appear in the log:

[Servlet LOG]: "database: init"
[Servlet LOG]: "database: Initializing database servlet"
[Servlet LOG]: "database: Loading database from
'/WEB-INF/database.xml'"
[Servlet LOG]: "database: No such resource available -
Servlet available for service: "database"

..

Seems like it's having difficulty finding resources in the
/WEB-INF folder. Any suggestions?

Stephen Schaub