From: Vivek Bhaskaran [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2001 4:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: GenericDataSource Reconnection

Hi People....
    I was looking through the implementation of the javax.sql.DataSource
(inside the org.apache.struts.util) package. One think I am facing with that
mysql disconnects after a specified period of timeout. So the DB Pool gets
corrupted.

I was about to go ahead and add some code to the GenericDataSource to check
for the conneciton before giving it to a consumer.

Now my question is has this already been done? I did take a look at the
WebCVS and could not find anything to that repect.... Is this something that
needs to be done ?

-vivek