From: shunhui zhu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2001 6:54 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Help on struts on Unix.

It seems you have another copy of Tomcat running, you
may want to type "ps" to see the processes, and kill
the old one. Or type "shutdown.sh" to shutdown the old
Tomcat.

Shunhui

--- Michael Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Unix, when I started tomcat by typing startup.sh,
> I got following errors:
> What I did were
> 1. install tomcat
> 2. start tomcat, test tomcat example, work fine.
> 3. install struts.
> 4. export struts-example.war, start tomcat, got
> error.
>
> The same procedure is working fine with WinNT.  I do
> not know whether I need
> to set up something else on UNIX.
> Thanks for any help.
>
> -Michael
>
> Pop org.apache.struts.action.ActionMapping
> register('-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts
> Configuration 1.0//EN',

'jar:file:/devel/slinky/mwang/java/tomcat/lib/struts.jar!/org/apache/struts/
> resources/struts-config_1_0.dtd'
> register('-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
> Application 2.2//EN',

'jar:file:/devel/slinky/mwang/java/tomcat/lib/struts.jar!/org/apache/struts/
> resources/web-app_2_2.dtd'
> register('-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
> Application 2.3//EN',

'jar:file:/devel/slinky/mwang/java/tomcat/lib/struts.jar!/org/apache/struts/
> resources/web-app_2_3.dtd'
> resolveEntity('-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
> Application 2.2//EN',
> 'http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd')
>  Resolving to alternate DTD

'jar:file:/devel/slinky/mwang/java/tomcat/lib/struts.jar!/org/apache/struts/
> resources/web-app_2_2.dtd'
> Call

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.addServletMapping(action/java.lang.St
> ring,*.do/java.lang.String)
> FATAL:java.net.BindException: Address already in use
> java.net.BindException: Address already in use
>         at
> java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(Unknown
> Source)
>         at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Unknown
> Source)
>         at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Unknown
> Source)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultServerS
> ocketFactory.java:97)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpEndpoint.startEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java
> :239)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector.start(PoolTcpConnector.java:188)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.start(ContextManager.java:527)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:202)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:235)