Very nice Dan!  Now if we could only do this inside VAJ...

The interesting thing about this entire subject is that less than a week
ago I was explicitly and clearly told by Dave Ings, the VisualAge project
manager at IBM that there was NO WAY to make VAJ 3.5.3 work this way.  I
was told that there was no plan to support web.xml files at all. There
seems to be a significant difference between what the programmers have done
and what management knows about :)

Now, one more interesting piece of information.  Go to the root of the VAJ
3.5.3 Installation and open the "readme.html" file.  There is a section
(1.8) labeled "changing servlet engine mode to Full 2.2. compliance mode".
It says all you have to do is create a property file called
ivj.servlet.properties in the \ide\project_resources\IBM WebSphere Test
Environment\ directory that contains the following line:

com.ibm.websphere.servlet22.compliant = true

This might solve ALL of our problems with the silly XML file formats!  I'm
trying it now...

Kyle

"Dan Miser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 05/02/2001 03:37:26 PM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]