I havent tried this but I am guessing you could get hold of the pagecontext
object and get a reference to the applicationresources from it - similar to
what you would do in a custom tag implementation.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 5/3/01 1:45 AM
Subject: Internationalised strings and scriptlets

Is it possible to access internationalised messages from inside
scriptlets?

For example consider a dropdown list populated with text strings
produced by a
<bean:message ... /> tag.  I then want to do some processing based on a
user
selection:

 <%
 String selectedItem = request.getParameter( "dropDown" );
 String internationalisedString = ???????
 if ( selectedItem.equals( internationalisedString ) )
 {
        // do something
 }
 %>

How do I get a value for <code>internationalisedString</code>?

Thanks,
Sam

This message was sent using                 http://uk2.net
NEWS - CHEAPEST DEDICATED SERVERS IN THE WORLD -  25/month
FREE UK DIAL 0845 609 1370 - username uk2: - password: uk2
UK's FREE Domains, FREE Dialup, FREE Webdesign, FREE email