Hello,

I would like to access functionality specific to the MM MySql driver in an
application that uses Struts' datasource pool and am having a bit of
troubling casting a GenericConnection back to an
org.gjt.mm.mysql.Connection. Casting from a GenericConnection to an
org.gjt.mm.mysql.Connection results in a class cast exception; casting a
Statement or PreparedStatement generated by the GenericConnection produces a
null pointer exception. I am working with Struts 1.0-beta-1 and MM Mysql
2.0.4.

If it sheds any light on the problem, the MM function I would like to access
is PreparedStatement.getLastInsertID(). Has anyone successfully prosecuted
this?

On a tangential note--why is the getConnection() method in GenericConnection
private? Were it public, I assume I could use it to get an MM Connection and
execute MySql specific functions to my heart's content.

Thanks is advance,
David