I just thought up of an excellent idea (although, I wasn't the only one).
Use the iterate tag to iterate over the rows of a resultset. The column meta
data could be exposed as beans named as the column name. A <bean:write>
operation would display the data in the column.

I did a search about this topic in the mailing list archive, and I found

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=struts-user&m=98269295229785&w=2

It talk about ResultSets being tied to connections. This is not the case.
ResultSets are tied to the statements that produced them, and as far as I
can tell, statements are not closed when the connection is closed.

Other than that, It should be easy to change the iterate tag to support
resultsets. If anyone is interested in helping me extend or develop a tag
for this purpose, please message me.

--min