At 12:17 PM 5/7/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Role-Based Action Execution.
>Add the ability to require the current user to be in a
>particular security role before they can execute a
>particular action.

I just wanted to pipe in here because we're integrating Struts into our
stuff (Slowly!) The Expresso Framework http://www.jcorporate.com/ tackled
this problem by creating a DB Security matrix.  Each action in the
controller is automatically registered with a security table and the admin
can declare which user groups can access which action, as well as which
permissions to access which database tables.  It's done pretty
transparently to the programmer.

Hopefully, we'll actually have Struts integrated within the next .1
release. [People are building bridge classes as I speak], so maybe the
security model in there can help somebody.
                                                 -Mike