From: Stephen Schaub [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 04 May 2001 23:34
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Bean:message with args

> Is there a way to acheive the following :
> <bean:message key="prompt.password.sent" arg0="<bean:write
> name="email"/>"/>
> without resorting to scriplets

I was looking for a way to do this a while back; currently
you have to resort to a scriptlet. I proposed and created an
implementation that allows you to do this:

<bean:message key="prompt.password.sent" arg0="{email}"/>

The { } in argX parameters tell my modified bean:message tag
to use the bean introspection to insert the value of the
bean. If you're interested in the code, I'll be glad to
share it.

Stephen

Is there a way to acheive the following :

<bean:message key="prompt.password.sent" arg0="<bean:write
name="email"/>"/>

without resorting to scriplets, ie :

<bean:parameter id="email" name="email"/>
<bean:message key="prompt.password.sent" arg0="<%=email>"/>

would work but just doesn't sit right with me.

Any ideas.

Jon.