----- Original Message -----
From: "Rajan Gupta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 11:47 AM
Subject: Re: Struts debugging in Emacs/JDE

> Are u able to debug JSP Tags using emacs/JDE?

yes.  what i did was to set up the right parameters in my jde environment by
extracting the jdk1.3 src.jar, and include all that source, the source from
tomcat, and the source from jboss in my project (you could also include any
source from custom taglibs, etc...into your jde project)...then you just put
in your breakpoints, pull up the source of the tomcat startup class and have
jde run it...the servlet engine starts and you can request a page in a
browser...jde then throws up tons of messages as the request is being
processed.

the problem i've been running into is that i don't want to see all the
tomcat internals working for every debugging session...haven't found a way
around it yet, but emacs/jde is so fast to work in that it's just better
than using visual age, jbuilder, etc...you can make changes and restart
tomcat faster than mucking around in a windows app...

jb