I ran into this same issue.  I accomplished this by
creating a custom tag (in my case called, PageLoader).
 The PageLoader tag will expose a scripting variable
called contextRoot, which is basically
pageContext.getRequest()).getContextPath()

scott.
--- Nathan Coast <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got an app that will be deployed to a number of
> different contexts
>
> /test
> /dev
> /staging
> /
>       (root)
>
> The app contains a large amount of static content
> e.g. images which will always
> be referenced from "/current_context/image"
>
> some of the jsps are accessed directly and via the
> action servlet - sometimes
> with different depths for the action url e.g.

/current_context/something/something_else/my_action.do

=====