I've just tried using a DefaultTableModel and succeeded nesting the iterate
tag.

JSP is as follows:

<%-- Generate table data by nesting the iterate tag --%>
<struts_logic:iterate id="rows" name="jobMonitorForm" property="model"
scope="page">
        <struts_logic:iterate id="element" name="rows">

        </struts_logic:iterate>
</struts_logic:iterate>

The property 'model' is a DefaultTableModel in my ActionForm
'jobMonitorForm' with getter as follows

        public DefaultTableModel getModel()
        {
                return model;