Sent: Monday, May 14, 2001 8:17 PM
Subject: iterate header/footer

The main issue I have with the logic:iterator tag is the lack of support for iteration headers/footers.  Is there some sort of support for this currently that I've missed?  I'm talking about this:

<logic:iterate ... id="bean">
        <logic:header>
        </logic:header>
        <logic:footer>
        </logic:footer>
</logic:iterate>

This would prevent any HTML from being generated if the collection is empty.

I tried using the greaterThan tag but it does not support the Collection.size() property (since it's not a proper bean property name).  Any suggestions as to how best to put this into Struts?  Is the header/footer tag a good or bad idea and why?

Mike