> Another thing is that you shouldn't call .jsp pages directly. They
> should always be called through an Action first. From the exmaple,
> the subscription page is called through (I think) editSubscription.do
> to populate the form, and then forward to the .jsp page.

I should clarify this a bit. You shouldn't call .jsp pages directly
that need to be populated by the database or elsewhere. Generic
.jsp pages that just display data, content or whatever can be done
fine by calling them directly if the beans are pre-populated (eg,
a session or application scope bean).

But if they are an editing form, eg, user details or content
editor then they should have an Action populate them first.