On Thu, 24 May 2001, Mark Simms wrote:

> I believe the digester must be rewritten to support the JAXP 1.1 specs.....

It's already been done in the Jakarta Commons version of Digester.  Struts
will switch to this at some point *after* 1.0 final -- the advertised XML
parser requirement for Struts 1.0 says JAXP 1.0 or better.

> wow, almost everything in digester is now deprecated...

That's because I marked the entire class as deprecated because of the
above.  Don't worry too much about it though:
* These classes will remain until well after 1.0 final is released
* The functionality will be the same (other than the switch to the
  JAXP/1.1 minimum for the parser), so the only thing you will need
  to change in your source code is the import statement.

Craig