The only place that struts.jar should exist is in WEB-INF\lib. Don't put it in the CLASSPATH. Don't put it in TOMCAT\LIB. Don't modify BAT files to include it. Just deploy struts-example.war to TOMCAT\WEBAPPS and everything will be fine.
--
Dan Miser
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2001 10:12 PM
Subject: Problem in struts-example accessing ApplicationResources

I am evaluating Struts as a development environment and I am having trouble getting the struts example to run.  As I have found some other users are experiencing similar problems when running the example application the following message appears:

"javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception thrown processing JSP page.
 javax.servlet.JspException: Missing message for key index.title ".