Title: RE: Can anyone help with solving the "BACK" button problem, in the browser?

I seem to recall a META tag called something like pragma-no-cache that you can embed in your page which will force the page to reload (not just display a snapshot). This should enable handling the situation in scriptlets or your action class.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Alfors [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 9:52 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Can anyone help with solving the "BACK" button problem, in
the browser?

Depending on which browser you use, and the data on the page, the back button
may cause (or ask) the page to reload.
However, some browsers (like IE) only display a snapshot of what the last page
rendered to.
Therefore, you cannot use scriptlets or the action class.  However, you are able
to kick-off javascript.
If you can gaurantee that your users will have javascript enabled, you can write
a simple test to see if this page was already displayed to the user.  You could
check a flag (hidden field) when the page loads.  If the flag is true, then use
the javascript to reload to your desired page.

HTH,
    Pete