If I have a 5 page "wizard" (five consecutive form pages) and one bean, where the first three forms are regular requests and the fourth and fifth are each multipart forms, how do I use a bean with these pages?  Do I:
1) fill bean with the form values from page 1,2 and 3 ?
2) then for the multipart forms on the last 2 pages fill the bean with the regular String values while simultaneuosly writing the file to disk but dont submit the bean filled with values until the last page?

Should I bother setting the "name" value in the bean for the form input of the file?  Do I need to do any validation for the file item?

The way I see it is that there are request values that I need to get from the request which are NOT binaries, and I need include them in the bean.  However, I am guessing that I should write the file as soon as possible to disk and NOT store it in session.  The question remains as to exactly when I am submitting the bean and its values.  At the same time that I am writing the file to disk?  Eariler? Later?