From: Michael Mok [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2001 1:25 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; 'Jonathan Asbell'
Subject: RE: Displaying data retrieved from a database

Jonathan

A way of doing this is to use the java.util.ArrayList object. If you have a bean to represent a row of data eg

TableRow
CustID        FirstName    LastName

RowBean

Integer CustId; /* with get and set Methods */
String FirstName;/* with get and set Methods */
String LastName;/* with get and set Methods */

In your action perform, you can loop through your resultset, create a new RowBean for each Row and add it to the arraylist. You can then either assign the arraylist to the response object or the session object. In your JSP page, use the iterate tag to loop through your list.

The other option is to use the CacheResultSet from sun but I have not venture into that area. There are a number of discussions in this list about using the CacheResultSet.

Regards

Michael Mok