> this is a test to see is I can post messages or not.

Just curious:

Do you have anything to say, or ask, on the list? If you have, why not post
"real" message instead of sending an empty test mail to thousands of people?
If you don't have anything to say, why do you need to test?

The accepted way to do it, is to wait until you really have something to
say.
Then you post yor message. If the message doesn't show up on the list, then
it might be ok to post a test message. But not until yuu have done your best
to track down the problem yourself.

(I bet your next post will be a question on how to unsubscribe. We get even
more of those messages on this list.)