Charles,

This is a known problem.  Websphere has a bug (inherited from the old
version of Tomcat they used) that does not remove attributes from request
scope, even though this is perfectly legal.

Until Websphere fixes this, the only solution is to remove two lines from
the doEndTag() method (the two "pageContext.removeAttribute()" calls) and
rebuild Struts.

Stephen.