I agree.

Add to that the fact that java script functionality is not consistent across
all browsers, and some organizations refuse to allow its use in intranet
applications.

From: bram [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 5:46 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Contribution: 1) IF, AND, OR, THEN, ELSE, ELSEIF tags 2)
SWITCH, CASE, DEFAULT tags

But tags have one main advantage, the "view" builder doesn't have to
understand Java and it is easy to intergrate the tags in a wysiwyg jsp
editor. We use that kind of tags to make our webpages, eg see jsp
and all we have to do is to make a xml based editor...
with scriplets this is impossible.

***** begin jsp ****
<template:insert template="/document/html.homepage.jsp">
    <template:put name="banner"
content="/element/banner/html.standard.jsp"/>
    <wf:choose>
        <wf:whenUser level="2">
            <template:put name="leftbar"
content="/element/leftbar/html.standard_level2.jsp" />
        </wf:whenUser>
        <wf:whenUser level="1">
            <template:put name="leftbar"
content="/element/leftbar/html.standard_level1.jsp" />
        </wf:whenUser>
        <wf:otherwise>
            <template:put name="leftbar"
content="/element/leftbar/html.standard.jsp" />
        </wf:otherwise>
    </wf:choose>
    <template:put name="content"
content="/element/content/html.homepage.jsp"/>
    <template:put name="menu" content="/element/menu/html.homepage.jsp"/>
</template:insert>

***** end jsp ****