Here is my cut and pasted answer from last week

Looks like your index.jsp? Is trying to use the <bean:message
key="index.title"/> tag
and the key does not exist in your message props file or your message prop
file can not be found.  In your web.xml you should have an entry

    <init-param>
      <param-name>application</param-name>
      <param-value>class name of your application</param-value>
    </init-param>

under the servlet entry for the struts ActionServlet.  Not you really don't
have to have a real class for your application, it just looks up the
ResourceBundle with this key.  So if you had something like
foo.bar.package.MyApplication
for the param-value

you  would need a file
\classes\foo\bar\package\MyApplication.properties

that has all your message keys in it like
index.title = My Title

    --m