"Anthony Martin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is how I understand it.  A .do maps to an action then to a .jsp.  If
> you link directly to a .jsp, the action never executes.  Actions are mapped
> to a .jsp in the struts-config.xml file.
>
> I'm sure there are more clear explanations to follow.
>

> Anthony

DO takes you to an action which needs some input from your currently
displayed from. If you don't have yet the data necessary for the
action, you cannot go to the action. In such case you can go to
HTML or JSP, which contains the input fields you can fill out and
submit to a DO action.

In the example application, the link goes to login.jsp, since it is
the place where you can enter the credentials. They are then validated
in a action (DO). You cannot go to the action directly, since you
do not have the username/password yet.

--
gR