Hi Suhas,

Yes your approach seems fine. A form bean in struts is a bean that extends ActionForm and is used in HTML forms to capture and validate user input. This bean is then passed to an Action class for processing. The action class can either store results in the form bean or a value object that is added to the request or session.

Jon.

-----Original Message-----
From: suhas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 03 July 2000 12:37
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Question in struts

Hi ,

 I Was going through  "Forward into the Past! (or a brief history of Struts)" link at http://husted.com/about/struts/overview.htm

" In a database application, the business-logic beans might connect to and query the database and return the result set back to the action's servlet ... to be stored in a form bean ... and then displayed by the JSP. Neither the action's servlet nor the JSP need to know (or care) where the result set comes from. "

I'm writing following code in my OrderAction class . Delegation class actually returns me the value object . Then In Jsp page I was iterating over that valueObject ( is that what u talking as a form bean ???)  which I stored in the request scope ...  Can anyone tell me is this correct way or I'm missing something in this ??????

OrderView view[] = null ;
 try {

  OrderBusinessDelegation delegation = new OrderBusinessDelegation();
  view =  delegation.viewOrders(orderStatus);

 }catch(Exception  e) {
 }

 if( view != null) {
  request.setAttribute("view" , view);