I tried to get this working this morning without success.

When I try and run the project, I get a pop-up error "!instance of JarDataObject". Any
ideas?

Under my project, I added "servlet.jar", "clasess111.jar" (for db), "jasper.jar",
"jaxp.jar", "Webserver.jar", "ant.jar", and "parser.jar" (all under c:\tomcat\lib)

Then I set the main class as you show below.

Finally, I added the -Dtomcat.home=c:\tomcat to the External Process Property.

Is there a specific directory structure the source needs to be in for this to work? I
have my source files in WEB-INF\src. To run this in netbeans, do I need to move the
source files to WEB-INF\classes? I am trying to keep the .java files separate from the
.class files.

Thanks,
Ryan

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 07/02/01 05:35PM >>>
Yes you can run/debug a struts application using Netbeans 3.2.

To get it going (using tomcat):
- Add all the tomcat libraries into your Projects Filesystems.
- Add a link in the Project window to "webserver.jar"
- Make "org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat" your main class
- Edit the project settings "Execution Types" properties. Add
-Dtomcat.home=C:\tomcat to all the "External Process" properties (So that
the tomcat startup class knows where to file the tomcat web applications)

Just use "Execute Project", or "Debug Project" from the main menu to run, or
debug your struts application.

Richard.