Object construction is expensive as well.  This is an interesting question and I like to add some.  I hope that Craig, Ted, Martin and some others senior member can answer the scalabilities of struts.  I wonder if
struts use instant poolling for from bean.  If so, then how do strusts reset the from bean?  And if it is all
possible can you point out all the optimization or scalability issues that struts has overcome.
-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 7:01 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: can Struts tags create a bean using constructor instead of setter

Are struts tags currently designed to handle this for me?:
package com.vnu.models;

public class JumpUrlsBean extends java.lang.Object{

    private String targetUrl = null;
 private String successUrl = null;
 private String failureUrl = null;

 public JumpUrlsBean(String targetUrl, String successUrl, String failureUrl){
     this.targetUrl = targetUrl;
     this.successUrl = successUrl;
     this.failureUrl = failureUrl;
 }
 public String getTargetUrl(){
  return this.targetUrl;
 }
 public String getSuccessUrl(){
  return this.successUrl;
 }
 public String getFailureUrl(){
  return this.failureUrl;
 }
}
There is purposely no setter method because it shouldnt be modifyable.  However, I want Struts to populate it for me