Thanks for the comments. I have a few follow-ups interspersed with your

David

Ryan Cornia wrote:

> Yes, it works great.
>
> A couple of things to check -
>
> 1.) In the JSP page that is your form, make sure you have -

> the onsubmit piece is what causes the validation.

Isn't this required only for client-side validation via Javascript? For
example, Right now, I am simply stating that I want the required check
to be performed. In the valiation.xml file for this, there appears to be
both a java (server-side) mechanism and a javascript (client-side)
mechanism. I am not sure that we can count on javascript so I was
focused on the server-side.

> 2.) At the bottom of the JSP form, set the form name so the validator know what is
>being validated -
> <validator:javascript formName="MyExampleForm"/>

See my note above.

> Other than that, you should be set.
>
> Ryan

Thanks Ryan.