On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Maik Mrazovic wrote:

> thanks,
>
> but itīs indifferent if Autocommit is "false" or "true" it does not
> work with both options!
>
> Database is IBM DB2 7, but the reason for my problem ist the
> connection-object from the datasource-config.

GenericConnection (
src/share/org/apache/struts/util/GenericConnection.java ) simply returns a
wrapped Connection object.  GenericConnection will pass off all the API
calls to its real connection after ensuring that the connection hasnt been
closed ( hence all the if(closed) checks ).  for instance:

public PreparedStatement prepareStatement(String sql) throws SQLException
{
   if (closed) throw new SQLException(SQLEXCEPTION_CLOSED);
   return (conn.prepareStatement(sql));
}

( 'conn' being the real connection to the underlying database )

you may want to try using IBM's DataSource implementation ( assuming they
have one ) to see if the problems persist.  im betting that its not a
problem with Apache's DataSource implementation and Connection wrapper,
though.

---
Howie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   URL: http://www.toodarkpark.org
     "This sort of thing has cropped up before and has always been
      due to human error." -- HAL