All,

Has anyone with iPlanet Webserver 4.x, 6.x been able to get Struts to work?
If so, have you run into the:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find message resources under key
org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE  error?

If so, how were you able to fix it?

Thanks,
Brian

                    Brian.Duchouquette@tran

                    splace.com                     To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                   cc:

                    07/23/2001 02:50 PM            Subject:     Re: iPlanet - Cannot
find message resources u/key
                    Please respond to

                    struts-user

Does iPlanet Webserver 6.0 know how to use web.xml? Or is it like iPlanet
Webserver 4.2 which uses rules.properties to handle essentially the same
thing?  (I have a call into iPlanet technical support for this question
since I think I am getting too much into the container implementation of a
particular vendor.  However if someone has already solved this problem with
iPlanet, then please feel free to let me know!).

I did have the mapping in my Web.xml file from your last message, but I
think that the iPlanet servlet container doesn't know how to use it.  This
is just a guess... Maybe there is some other configuration I need to do in
the administration console for iPlanet Webserver 6.0 to map to a servlet
directory to get this to work?

Brian

                    Matt Raible

                    <matt_raible@        To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    yahoo.com>           cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: iPlanet - Cannot
find message resources u/key
                    07/23/2001

                    02:25 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    struts-user

Make sure your web.xml has the following entry for the action class:

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>application</param-name>
      <param-value>ApplicationResources</param-value>
    </init-param>

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Matt,
>
> Oops, I suppose I should have specified Webserver or Appserver.  I'm
using
> iPlanet Webserver 6.0.  My classpath points to the directory containing
> ApplicationResources.properties which is: c:

\iPlanet\Servers\docs\webapps\struts\WEB-INF\classes\ApplicationResources.properties

> This does not seem to work even after updating the server startup
classpath
> in jvm12.conf.
>
> Here is that entry in jvm12.conf:
>
> jvm.classpath=c:
> \iPlanet\Servers\docs\webapps\struts\WEB-INF\lib\struts.jar;c:
> \iPlanet\Servers\docs\webapps\struts\WEB-INF\;c:
> \iPlanet\Servers\docs\webapps\struts\WEB-INF\lib;c:
> \iPlanet\Servers\docs\webapps\struts\WEB-INF\classes;c:
> \iPlanet\Servers\docs\WEB-INF\classes\beanutils.jar; c:
> \iPlanet\Servers\docs\WEB-INF\classes\collections.jar;c:

\iPlanet\Servers\docs\WEB-INF\classes\digester.jar;C:/iPlanet/Servers/plugins/servlets/examples/legacy/beans.10/SDKBeans10.jar