De:     Mark Schenk [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Date:   mardi 31 juillet 2001 11:25
A:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet:  RE: struts and log4J

> Hi all,
>
> I'm a newbie in struts.
> I'd like to use log4J with struts.
> I don't know where  i must do the log4J configuration.
> In another servlet, i would do it in init method but i would like to use
> ActionServlet.
> Where can i put code like :
> BasicConfigurator.configure()  ..... ?

Hello Alexandre,

        I don't know if this is THE way of doing it, but what I did is create
a servlet (which I name 'Initializer') that does all these thing (calling
configure and stuff). I my web.xml I have:

<servlet>
  <servlet-name>initializer</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>MyApp.Initializer</servlet-class>
    <display-name>Initializer</display-name>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>
<servlet>
  <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
  <display-name>Action</display-name>
  <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

(lots of administration left out of these...)

The 1 on the first servlet makes sure this one is loaded before the second
one. All initialization is done in the 'init' method of Initializer.

As I said, I don't know if this is the preferred way, but it works!

Mark Schenk                     |       Ceci n'est pas une signature
Blackboard Project Manager      |
Delft University of Technology  |E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Dept.: DTO                      |Phone:  +31 152785448 (85448)
Room: LB00.680                  |Fax:    +31 152786359
-