Hello all,

I am very new to Struts and I find it interesting. I like the action mapping and also
templates, but I have difficulties using them together.

E.g. I have a central page, say Main.jsp that has a template which contains constant
header and footer and a variable content part. This content part (a jsp) must be
determined at the run-time. Because of the template I have to always send back to the
user the Main.jsp. How to use action mapping then?

One possible solution would be the following. The action handler stores the variable
content part as a session attribute and always returns the global mapping "main"
(which is mapped to the Main.jsp). The Main.jsp retrieves the central variable part
from the session and pass it to the template.

This works, but I have a feeling that I am not correctly using the Struts. Any input
from experts would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Oleg Bondarenko

--

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn
Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben,

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender
immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or