On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Davin M wrote:

>     Hi everyone, does anyone have problems referring to their jsp pages
> within the /WEB-INF dir? I tried to hide these jsp's so that users can't
> directly access them (without performing actions). I'm running this example:
> http://husted.com/about/struts/struts-stub.zip
>
>     I'm trying it with WebLogic 6.0 and I always get a 404 when I access
> index.jsp. Did anyone else have a similar problem like this? It's really
> puzzling me and I've been trying to configure it with no luck. I hope you
> guys can help me out...

If you try to access "/WEB-INF/index.jsp" directly from a browser, a 404
is what you are *supposed* to get.  JSPs that are placed underneath
/WEB-INF can only be accessed via a request dispatcher (which is what
Struts does when you give it back an ActionForward).

You'll probably want to have your "index.jsp" page in the top-level
directory of your web app, so that users can navigate to it directly.

> Thanks in advance,
>   Davin

Craig McClanahan