Hi ,

As a newbie I have a question regarding
stateful-/stateless-ness. I am aware that it is
sometimes pointed out that stateful web applications
do not scale very well.

* First: can anyone give me some arguments pro/con or
refer me to a good resource?
* Second: does struts typically keep state (I think so
because it keeps the user session) and if so, is it
subject to scalability problems? Is struts's
statefulness connected to statefulness of an
application consisting of EJB's running "behind"
struts, or can the two be viewed separately?

I would be very grateful for any hints or arguments or
links to other useful info.
Thanks!

David