On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Marcel Maré wrote:

> Why is the Formbean Reset() method called on every pass, regardless of scope
> (request vs session).
> This makes prepopulating a form a bit awkward.

Because it is the only practical way I have found to deal with the
funkiness of HTTP with regards to checkboxes.

You shouldn't really be using reset() for prepopulation, anyway -- a
better strategy is to go through a setup action for that which precreates
the form bean exactly as you want it, and forwards to the JSP page for
display.  The example app illustrates this technique (see the
/editRegistration and /editSubscription actions).

> TIA
>
> Marcel Maré
> WebToTheMax

Craig