Hi all -

I am facing a weird problem, which I could not solve
in the last couple of hours. I checked up the
mail-archive but could not locate any solution to
this.

The application has a login screen (login.jsp), which
validates a user. There is an ActionForm (LoginForm)
with appropriate get and set methods.

The struts-config.xml looks like :

  <form-beans>

    <!-- Logon form bean -->
    <form-bean      name="loginForm"
                    type="com.anshin.LoginForm"/>

  </form-beans>

    <!-- Process a user logon -->
    <action    path="/login"
               type="com.anshin.LoginAction"
               name="loginForm"
               validate="true"
               input="login.jsp">

             <forward name="success"
path="/login.jsp"/>
     </action>

When I execute the application (invoke login.jsp), I
get a 404 error on the page "login.do". I gave
debugging statements and I find that the get methods
of the ActionForm gets executed, but nothing else
happens. It does not even enter the LoginAction class.
But from the Tomcat startup messages, I find that the
mappings have been identified and loaded by Tomcat.

I have struts.jar in WEB-INF/lib. I am really banging
my head over this problem. The other applications like
struts-example etc. are running fine ..

Pls. help.

Regards.

- Debasish