We have a JSP page that's using between 50-75 <bean:write> tags to display a
given bean's information.  This particular project is a rewrite of an older
ASP implementation and we're seeing some performance issues when comparing
the two.  (ASP implementation is running from IIS, Java version is Tomcat
both running from the same box which has a w2k server OS)

This particular page tends to take ~5 sec to load vs. the ASP page which
takes ~1 sec to load.  Interestingly, the ASP page is hitting a DB while the
JSP version (at this point) is hitting dummy values hardcoded in the bean.

Two questions.  First (a little off subj), in general is ASP faster than
JSP.  Second, does extensive use of the Struts <bean:write> tags cause
performance issues?  (I know that there is an upperlimit of how many custom
tags you can use before you exceed the max size of the resulting servlet
function)