Thanks for that Peter - nice to know I was't alone!
When using Tomcat I make a habit of restarting it after compiling
class files. Otherwise I would get a totally misleading error - I
can't remember if it was Action class not found or another.
I look forward to the day when auto-reload of every resource is
guaranteed reliable!
Keith.