I would put that logic in the template instead at the top of each page (so
that the errorPage definition and login checking it is automatically
re-used among all pages).  That way you only have to make the change in one
place...

Brian

                    "SUPRIYA MISRA"

                    <supriya_misra@ho       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    tmail.com>              cc:

                                            Subject:     Re: Strategy for Checking
Session Timing Out
                    08/30/2001 05:14

                    PM

                    Please respond to

                    struts-user

This is what we use for JSP pages

session.setAttribute("login",OBJECT);
session.setMaxInactiveInterval(60*15);

Then in each JSP page
<%@ page errorPage="error.jsp"%>
Object userData =(UserLogin) session.getAttribute("login");

if session times out--an error occurs and forwarded to welcome page.