"Ralph vd Houdt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Gregor,
>
> This sound OK, Can you point me to documentation on this or give me
> additional information?

It is quite simple.

The "normal" login.jsp looks like this:

<form method="POST" action="j_security_check" >
Username: <input type="text" name="j_username"><br>
Password: <input type="password" name="j_password"><br>
<input type="submit" value="login" name="j_security_check">
</form>

You would use something like this (for simplicity here pure JSP,
it can be done with Struts as well:

<form action='<%= respose.encodeUrl("/checklogin.jsp") %>' >
    User: <input name="user"><br>
    Company: <input name="company"><br>
    Password: <input name="password" type="password">
</form>

And checklogin.jsp would do something like this:

<%
  String j_username =
    request.getParameter("company") + "/" + request.getParameter("user");
  String j_password = request.getParameter("password);
%>
<jsp:forward page='<%= "j_security_check?j_username=" +
                        URLEncoder.encode(j_username) +
                       "&j_password=" +
                        URLEncoder.encode(j_password) %>' />

Of course, the mapping logic from company+user to web-user can be
more complex than simple concatenation with a "/" as separator.

Actually, I've never used it for such mapping. I've used it for
auto-login directly in the first login.jsp.

It checks to see, whether the user can be identified by a cookie and
tries to retrieve the username/password from a database. Then, instead
of displaying the login form, it directly forwards to j_security_check.

groetjes

--
gR