> Expresso  has many of the features you have mentioned needing,
> and many more
> as well. As a community, it is neither as large or as well
> documented as the
> Struts community,

Expresso's listserv while large at 3700 does not share the activity that the
Struts lists has (even considering the Expresso forum activity). Though
Struts and Expresso comprise the largest framework communities by far and
its terrific that they complement. We are seeing a tremendous community
response to the Struts/Expresso integration and many downloads.

Expresso 4.0ea (early access) is available now, 4.0 is not yet released
until testing is complete. Early access versions are available to registered
users. For those Struts users starting with 4.0ea you might have a look at:
http://www.jcorporate.com/html/products/expresso/struts_integration.html

Pete's point about documentation is well taken. One area I've initiated to
work on is to create documentation specifically for Struts Users Getting
Started with Expresso to include commonly asked Q and A as well as other
resources and information. And questions you have or suggestions will
certainly help the other Struts users that follow. Anyone that wants to help
in creating this documentation for Struts users getting familiar with
Expresso just let me know. It can be as simple of tracking your notes and
progress and letting us know where you got hung up.

I just created a thread called "Struts Users Getting Started with Expresso
4.0ea" on the Expresso Users forum if this helps.

Sandra Cann
[EMAIL PROTECTED]