From: Julia Yang [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 10:26 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Does struts validate input field in JSP type by itself ?

Hi, all
Do you know if struts validate input fields in JSP by itself, which has
matched getter and setter methods in bean,?
For example: You have field called companyID in JSP and in you xxxForm
bean you have
        int companyID();
        public int getCompanyID(){
                return this.companmyID;}
        public void setCompanyID(int newCompanyID) {
                this.companyID = companyID}
My question is: if I put a String in JSP companyID field, can I let
struts tell me error message that companyID has to be integer ? How ?

Thanks

Julia