It's not mentioned in the UserGuide, which is an oversight. It is used
in the Examples application. The implementation is part of the Action.

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/api/org/apache/struts/action/Action.html

If you find a good place to insert coverage in the Users Guide, don't
hesitate to provide a "patch" that we could plug into the documentation
;-)

-- Tel +1 716 737-3463
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/