hi list,
I cannot figure out how to solve this problem. I constantly get the error in subject
with the exceptions
javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception creating bean of class
dk.presys.ehandel.struts.LogonForm: java.lang.InstantiationException.
What i want is to validate the input from the logonform in validate()

I have a struts-config [anything but logon removed]

<form-beans>
    <form-bean name="LogonForm"
               type="dk.presys.ehandel.struts.LogonForm"/>
</form-beans>

<global-forwards>
      <forward name="logon" path="/logon.jsp"/>
</global-forwards>

<action  path="/LogonAction"
           type="dk.presys.ehandel.struts.LogonAction"
           name="LogonForm"
           scope="request"
           validate="true"
           input="/logon.jsp">
      <forward name="create" path="/logon.jsp"/>
      <forward name="success" path="/index.jsp"/>
</action>

This works actually fine - it shows index.jsp or logon.jsp depending on the request -
if im NOT trying to have a <html:form> tag like the following :

    <th align="right">
      <bean:message key="logon.name"/>
    </th>
    <th align="right">
      <bean:message key="logon.password"/>
    </th>
    <form action="POST">
        <bean:message key="button.submit"/>
        <bean:message key="button.reset"/>
    </form>

can anyone point out, where the problem may be located in...? As i see it, nothing is
in general different from the examples given.

best regards,