Following are the procedures that can used to apply the style sheet

Once we have already parsed the XML document, the getDocument method from
the parser instance (e.g. DOMParser) should return  an object of type
Document (which is actually a DOM representation of the XML). This will be
the starting point.

To apply the XSLT transformation, you perform the following steps:

1.  Create a DOMSource object and implicitly cast it to a SAX InputSource
object. The constructor takes in the Document object as a parameter.

InputSource source = new DOMSource(document);

2.  Instantiate a StyleGenerator object and pass the fully-qualified class
names of the XML and XSL parsers you want to use.

StyleGenerator stylegen = new StyleGenerator(Consts.SOURCEDOC_PARSER,
Consts.STYLESHEET_PARSER);

Where:
SOURCEDOC_PARSER                "com.sengen.utils.DOMParserExtension"
STYLESHEET_PARSER               "org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser"

You can plug-in any DOM / SAX compliant parser you like. In this case we are
using two different parsers: a DOM parser for the XML and a SAX parser for
the XSL. The setup does not have to be this way. This is also the reason why
we have to implicitly casting in step one.

3. Lastly, call the StyleGenerator's applyStylesheet method. Originally, it
only deals with filenames but I overloaded it to accomodate InputSource and
streams. The resulting or transformed XML document is either written to a
file or returned as a byte stream.

public void applyStylesheet(String sourceFileName, String styleFileName,
String outputFileName) throws Exception
public ByteArrayOutputStream applyStylesheet(String sourceFileName, String
styleFileName) throws Exception
public void applyStylesheet(InputSource sourceInput, String styleFileName,
String outputFileName) throws Exception
public ByteArrayOutputStream applyStylesheet(InputSource sourceInput, String
styleFileName) throws Exception

Where:
sourceFileName                  XML filename
styleFileName                   XSL filename **
outputFileName                  filename of the resulting (transformed) XML
sourceInput                     InputSource object created in step 1

** any type of stylesheet like XSL-2-HTML, XSL-2-FO,  XSL-2-whatever

-lines 3 and 4 correspond to steps 1 and 2 above.
-In line 7, he used the fourth version of the applyStylesheet method and
converted the byte array to a
string. This string is now the HTML transformation of the XML document.

1.              public String getPresentation() {
2.
3.                      InputSource source = new DOMSource(getDocument());
4.                      StyleGenerator stylegen = new
StyleGenerator(KmpPdfgenConsts.SOURCEDOC_PARSER,KmpPdfgenConsts.STYLESHEET_P
ARSER);
5.
6.                      try {
7.                              return
stylegen.applyStylesheet(source,getStylesheet()).toString();
8.              } catch(Exception e){
10.                     }
11.
12.                     return "";