I am trying to use the html:link tag in a j2ee application and getting
unusual results.

The source code (in the jsp file)
<li><bean:message key="index.demonstrate"/>
     <bean:message key="index.createAddress"/>
</li>

When this code is evaluated it renders the following html
<li>Demonstrate
</li>

Note: there is no matching close anchor tag and the enclosed text is
missing.
I have verified that the body of the html:link tag is evaluated but it is
not rendering
the enclosed information to the html file.  I have also verified that the
index.createAddress
text message exists in the Resource Bundle.  I have rendered that message
elsewhere
in the same jsp file.

Any ideas on this would be helpful.

Thanks,