Place all related to servlet element at first place in web.xml,
that is right after <web-app>

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Carl Sziebert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Enviado el: Lunes, 01 de Octubre de 2001 01:47 p.m.
Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Asunto: Tomcat 4.0/Struts/Web.xml Question

Hey all,

I have an issue that has probably been addressed previously, however, I can’t find any references to it in the archive.  I recently installed Catalina (Tomcat 4) and installed a webapp that works on Tomcat 3.2.  I am receiving the following error (included below) on startup of Catalina.  I have placed both the most recent versions of the DOM and SAX parsers in %CATALINA_HOME%\lib, and I am still receiving the error.  It apprears that it is complaining about the web.xml file for the webapp that I installed.  As far as I can tell it is the standard web.xml file that is provided with standard Struts application.  I have included the error below and have attached the web.xml for your review.  It is probably something simple that I have missed.

-----

PARSE error at line 38 column -1

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element "web-app" does not allow "servlet" here.

-----

Thanks to you all for you help.

Carl