From: Cedric Dumoulin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2001 9:01 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Dynamically obtaining component definition name

  Hi Sean,

  Actually, there is nothing to obtain the name of the definition used to
insert Component/Tile.
  Even if such mechanism exist, you will not get what you want from within
'top.jsp', because you are one level behind "site.default".

  You can effectively put an attribute carrying the name. But you need to
pass if to top.jsp when you insert it.
  This can be done in site-template.jsp with something like :

  <tiles:insert name="top" >
    <tiles:put name="name" beanName="name" beanScope="template" />
  </tiles:insert>

    Cedric