From: Brett Porter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 5:31 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: Struts DB example

The struts example struts-config.xml file has an example of how to create a connection pool. However, from what I now understand that is deprecated. The struts-documentation webapp does have details about it though if you are interested.
I thought there was a struts taglib example that shows how to use the JDBC features from JSP pages, but I think I was mistaken there - it must be in the commons project.
That being the case this isn't really a struts issue - you should look at the jakarta-commons (it has DB connection pooling with good examples, although it isn't really up to a release, you'll have to check out the CVS).
Specific database examples will depend on which database you use, and which JDBC driver you use, and anything else you choose to layer on that (app server, connection pooling, etc.).
You should consult those sources and the web for more examples.

Cheers,
Brett