I wanted to mention that the Validator validation
framework has some basic validations that tie
Javascript to the server side validations together.
So you don't have to worry about the Javascript being
run because the server side validation will always
happen.  The validation framework is in the
contrib/validator directory of the nightly source and
it is also posted here:
http://home.earthlink.net/~dwinterfeldt

David